Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity, Inc. currently has an immediate need for the newly created position of Maintenance Assistant. This position is responsible for the general operating maintenance, repair and upkeep of Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity’s owned and leased properties (at present a total of 4 in Cleveland, North Randall, and Amherst). This position functions under the direction of the Chief Facilities and Safety Officer.
Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Performs basic general building and facility repair and painting.
- Communicates and helps coordinate the necessary tasks to accomplish repairs and alterations to buildings and equipment systems.
- Monitoring building systems including documentation and reporting deficiencies to CFSO.
- Completes periodic review of properties to ensure employee, tenant and customer safety.
- Works hand in hand with CFSO to identify concerns and perform preventative maintenance.
- Completes work orders and show other employees related matters including fire safety.
- Will interact with building tenants as needed.
- Will interact with outside service/repair providers/contractors as needed.
Position requirements, include:
- Must have two plus years demonstrated building related experience (including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, hvac, etc.)
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- High school diploma, or equivalent preferred.
- Training from a building maintenance/vocational program is desired.
- Demonstrated knowledgeable and understanding of maintenance & housekeeping practices and procedures
- Able to perform tasks which may be physically demanding such as pushing, bending and lifting. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Understand the practices of duties and responsibilities, through the utilization of sound judgment and the reporting of unusual problems/conditions.
Submit resume and letter of interest on Indeed or to: email@example.com.. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Target wage range is between $15/hr. to $18/hr. This is a Monday through Friday, 8a to 4:30p position (with other hours operational needs or emergencies may require.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.