Construction Driver and Site Assistant (Full-Time)
Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity’s Construction Driver and Site Assistant works with volunteers and staff to manage the procurement, pick-up, intake, routing, and delivery of building materials and tools; assists with site activities and construction tasks; and performs regular warehouse and inventory maintenance tasks.
- Assist with the performance of all general construction tasks, including but not limited to painting, drywall installation and finishing, rough carpentry, finish carpentry, heating, plumbing, electrical, flooring, general construction labor, and all other skills necessary for on-time job completion
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of instruction manuals, specifications and other documents associated with each project assigned and all necessary paperwork for the construction office
- Exhibit a high level of responsibility for job sites, theft prevention, protection of affiliate resources such as tools and vehicles, site safety, and site cleanliness
- Drive and load construction vehicles to make pick-ups and deliveries to multiple building sites
- Lead and supervise volunteers in various capacities
- Properly load and secure items on vehicles
- Unload vehicles upon returning to warehouse and return items to appropriate storage sites
- Route items to storage, construction inventory, repair shop, recycling dumpster, and job sites
- Keep staging area and warehouse maintained at all times
- Maintain company vehicles, including mileage logs and receipts
- Property maintenance and warranty work as needed
- Facility maintenance, including safety inspections
- Actively participate in Habitat recycling program and encourage others to do the same.
- Think safety and inspect job sites to ensure that safety procedures are being followed according to GCHFH Safety Manuel
- Other special projects as assigned
This hourly non-exempt position is a member of the Construction Team and reports to the Construction Director. New Construction Driver and Site Assistant’s starting hourly rate is $14.00-$16.00/hour depending on experience.
- Three-years hands-on experience with residential construction and remodeling
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and pass a background check
- Must be able to lift and move up to 80 lbs. on a daily basis
- Experience driving all moving and delivery vehicles
- Knowledge of building materials
- Ability to read maps and use Mapquest
- Good communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage time and schedules
- Ability to work with and support volunteers
- Commitment to creative problem-solving and a cooperative work ethic
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Commitment to GCHFH Mission and the principles of HFH
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.