Update Regarding COVID-19
During the COVID 19 crisis, “shelter in place,” was the urgent warning to stay healthy. But for many, this isn’t healthy, either.
Houses not healthy because of leaks, mold, decay and rodents. Spaces that shelter, but only just. As the economic crisis grows, these same families will be hardest hit. They always are.
Cleveland Habitat partners with families, so that if there is ever another order to “shelter in place,” families can do so safely in their own homes.
We are excited to announce some of our re-opening measures that will be taking place over the next few weeks. We look forward to seeing our family of volunteers, staff, partner families and our ReStore customers.
ReStore shoppers and donors:
- ReStore locations in Cleveland and North Randall are re-open as of May 19, 2020 at 10am.
- Donation pick-ups are now being scheduled (for a list of changes to our donation process or to schedule a pick-up, go here).
- ReStore is committed to following the guidelines for safe reopening and expects our staff and shoppers to do the same. Please note that all staff,volunteers, and shoppers are required to wear masks, which can be purchased if needed.
- Our store inventories are bursting at the seams! Please come in and help support Cleveland Habitat's work to provide affordable homeownership.
- For additional information related to our re-opening, customer safety procedures, store hours and donation information visit www.clevelandrestore.org.
- Regular, repeat ReStore and construction volunteers are being invited back in a phased-in approach.
- We will be contacting other volunteers in June to begin to schedule upcoming opportunities. Small groups of regular construction and ReStore volunteers have been approved to return.
- Take steps to stay healthy—we have a busy build season ahead of us and we will need your help to build homes!
- As an essential business classification under the state government’s COVID-19 protocols, the construction team continued operations with two staff people and some work completed by subcontractors.
- In early May, Habitat construction staff and a very small number of construction volunteers returned to Grandview construction. We anticipate other volunteers returning on a scheduled basis in the weeks to come.
- Visit our website for up-to-date information.
- We are very excited and proud as the first of our Triple-L Ranch homes are nearing completion. Check out a time-lapse photo album here.
- Stay tuned for a virtual tour of the completed house in the near future.
- Upcoming education classes are canceled.
- You should continue to make your mortgage payments online.
- If you are furloughed from work and unable to make mortgage payments, please reach out to Covey Financial to make arrangements.
Habitat 5K Walk/Run/Mosey goes VIRTUAL:
- Unfortunately, we are unable to Walk/Run/Mosey in-person, but we will do so virtually.
- Virtual Walk/Run/Mosey rescheduled for July 25 with participation and fun activities in the weeks leading up to it.
- Our 2020 goal is $100,000 for the only fundraising event we host.
- During this difficult time, we know you may have decreased dollars available. However, every gift is appreciated (think stimulus check).
- More information will be available soon.
Faith Build update:
- Fourteen Faith Partners will help build a home for a Cleveland family in 2020.
- While all schedules are being adjusted, we hope to have volunteers start on this house beginning June 18th.
- Building someone a home (a safe place to shelter) has never been so meaningful.
- Thank you to Thrivent Financial for sponsoring 50% of 89 Habitat builds across the country in 2020 and thanks to all of the Cleveland Faith Partners who have helped make the Faith Build possible.
Home, Community, Hope + YOU:
- We depend on donations for our mission. With the closing of ReStore operations for two months, we lost approximately $400,000. While we are utilizing special government funds, they are not be enough.
- It is hard to ask for your financial support during a time of so many needs, and we certainly do not want to diminish support for them. If you want there to be a sustained focus on permanent, safe and affordable housing in Cleveland, we ask that you consider a special donation to Habitat.
- Click here to give a gift online or see other ways to give. When you give, you will help us do more.
We still have a busy year ahead of us! Stay safe and healthy, rest up, and stay ready to build hope in families who need a strong foundation of decent, affordable housing. Above all, let us be there for one another during this difficult time.
Thank you for all you bring to our mission, if you have any questions, please get in touch. See you soon!
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.