ReStore Cashier and Floor Associate (Part Time)
Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore Cashier and Floor Associate serves as a primary cashier in the ReStore.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Request information or assistance using paging systems.
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- Interact positively with volunteers and customers.
- Assist with organization and maintenance of merchandise displays and inventory.
- Assist with management of floor volunteers.
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned.
This part time position is a member of the ReStore Team and reports to the ReStore Manager.
- Experience with operating cash registers.
- Experience working in an office and retail environment.
- Ability to handle money with full accuracy, transparency and integrity.
- Use of registers and some computer programs. Experience in Microsoft Office a plus.
- Strong math skills and continuous attention to detail.
- Ability to work with public in a professional manner at all times.
- Some knowledge of construction materials and tools preferred.
- Commitment to a cooperative work ethic.
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Active participation in Habitat recycling program and encouragement of others to do the same.
- Commitment to Greater Cleveland Humanity for Humanity mission and the principles of Humanity for Humanity International.
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.