Special Event and Communication Intern
Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity seeks a dynamic self-starter to assist with the Habitat Walk planning efforts. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual interested in learning more about non-profit fundraising, event planning as well as hands-on experience with communications.
- Research prospects and help develop contact lists for walk- including donor and participant lists.
- Help with communications- flyer distributions, messaging on social media platforms.
- Assist with photography.
- Assist with instore Walk Displays.
- Assist with the logistics of the event.
- Assist with the management of volunteers.
- Assist with ensuring the special event content on the Cleveland Habitat website and social media sites are updated.
- Assist with donor acknowledgment and stewardship.
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably with an interest in non-profit development and event planning.
- Previous internship or related experience in fundraising or event planning is a plus.
- Must be computer literate, including internet research experience.
- Professional demeanor and outstanding phone etiquette.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts.
- Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Habitat for Humanity and the families we serve.
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires a minimum 8 – week commitment. Welcome to stay longer.
Hours: 4 – 8 hours/week. Happy to work with you if you need a minimum number of volunteer hours or experience
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship.
To Apply: Please send letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.