Manager of Faith Relations & Event Management
Manage network development and outreach program to Greater Cleveland’s faith community to fundraise, recruit volunteers, and educate faith-based partners regarding the goals, programs, and mission of Cleveland Habitat. Primary responsibility will be to grow Cleveland Habitat’s Faith Relations program to significantly increase participation from local faith partners in support of Habitat’s mission. This position will also have responsibility for the annual 5K Walk/Run/Mosey and will assist with other Cleveland Habitat events.
- Develop strategies to build and maintain faith community partnerships, including maintenance of current partnerships and building new relationships with diverse congregations, to include formation of a new interfaith coalition.
- Plan and coordinate annual faith-based events and build days.
- Serve as a primary spokesperson for faith-based events.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with clergy, denominational leadership and volunteer committees to expand the capacity of the faith relations program.
- Create individual and collective strategies for each faith-based prospect and donor in an expanding portfolio.
Event Management 5K Walk/Run/Mosey
- Solicit sponsors, coordinate the drafting/distribution of promotional materials, and manage event staff, volunteers and logistics of the event.
- Act as a liaison between the organization and vendors including negotiating pricing while working within the budget for the event.
- Plan and facilitate planning committee meetings including distributing agenda and taking minutes.
- Work with volunteer department to plan and execute neighborhood Spruce-Up Days and Annual Meeting and Volunteer Recognition Event.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to successfully manage both short-term and long-term responsibilities of the position, including strategic planning and implementation of program goals and objectives.
- Demonstration of exceptional interpersonal skills in a variety of social and professional settings to ensure good working relationships with colleagues, donors, families, and volunteers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Respect for and openness to learning about diverse religions.
- Professional and articulate speaker comfortable with public speaking engagements at faith institutions.
- Experience working with committees and volunteers.
- BA/BS degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 to 5 years of event, program and/or volunteer management experience or other relevant experience.
- Familiarity with the local faith community and/or area religious organizations.
- Passion and calling to engage the local faith community in Habitat’s mission.
Submit resume and letter of interest on Indeed or to: email@example.com. This is a full-time hourly position with a starting hourly rate of $15 - $17 depending on experience.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.