Director of Human Resources
We are looking for a Director of Human Resources to lead, execute, and considered to be part of our succession plan for our Human Resource programs, services and processes. This is truly a unique opportunity for a skilled Human Resources Professional who enjoys strategic and tactical HR Work to come grow with us. Reporting to the Chief Human Resource Officer, the candidate we seek will be a talented, highly collaborative, and values/mission driven HR professional for our growing staff of nearly 80 employees. Areas of HR accountabilities include: Recruitment, Staffing, Onboarding, Safety/Workers Compensation Incident Management, Compensation & Benefits Administrations, Employee Engagement, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Records Management, Employment Compliance (including FMLA, Compliance Reporting, etc.), Policies & Procedures and Training & Development and Diversity & Inclusion.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Staffing: overseeing, directing, and partnering on candidate identification (internal and external), recruitment, hiring, and conducting onboarding. Will oversee and handle personnel changes into payroll system.
- Benefits Administration: New hire benefit communication, enrollment in plans, payroll set up for deductions, monthly bill reconciliation, annual open enrollment and renewal, and working with our broker to identify carrier changes as needed. Assure that our carriers have whatever information they need to respond to employee claims. Assist in the selection of Employee Benefit Resources. Initiate COBRA as appropriate.
- Safety/Workers Compensation: Working with the Chief Facilities and Safety Officer: assure completion of workplace injury investigations, interface with MCO & TPA on behalf of Habitat for Humanity. Attend Safety Council Meetings as needed. Is a member of the Safety Committee.
- Performance Management: Administer the annual performance review process and assure that appropriate communication and assure increases are added in the payroll system and make changes on the carrier sites for Life, STD, and LTD policies.
- Policies and procedures: works to ensure consistency in applications of Habitat for Humanity Policies, Procedures and Employee Handbook. Recommends changes as needed.
- Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership, working with a team, and exploring opportunities to add value to organization.
- Will supervise the activities of an HR Coordinator.
- Ability to handle multiple and often times conflicting priorities.
Requirements, include, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Not for Profit Management or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of Five plus years of demonstrated experience in successfully executing and expertise in multiple areas of HR management/administration.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills; ability to engage in strategic planning and process improvement/implementation.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and collaboration skills are essential.
- Commitment to Greater Cleveland Humanity for Humanity mission and the principles of Humanity for Humanity International.
Submit resume and letter of interest on Indeed, LinkedIn or to: email@example.com. The salary range is $75,000 to $90,000 depending on qualifications. This is a full-time exempt position. Priority will be given to those candidates who include a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.