Director of Critical Home Repair
JOB TITLE: Director – Critical Home Repair
DEPARTMENT: Critical Home Repair
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
SUPERVISES: None at present
Responsible for the start-up, growth and management of all aspects of Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity’s Home Preservation Program for owner-occupied homes of lower-income households, which includes Critical Home Repair and Neighborhood Spruce-Up. The Director will work with family outreach and neighborhood revitalization coordinator to develop relationships with a variety of community-based partners to deliver owner-occupied repair services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Work with Family Services to assist in family selection, qualification and family participation.
- Prepare scope of work and itemized cost estimates for all projects.
- Manage vendors, contractors and building inspectors to acquire the necessary materials, services and inspections for projects.
- Responsible for application and securing all necessary building permits for projects; coordinate inspections for projects (electrical, mechanical, plumbing, etc.).
- Provide all on-site supervision, safety control and quality control for projects.
- Bid work from subcontracts and major material purchases for projects as appropriate.
- Maintain requisite job site first aid, vehicle first aid and fire extinguishers for all projects.
- Coordinate temporary/permanent water and electric services for projects as needed.
- Comply with all agency construction purchasing and purchase order procedures.
- Assemble and maintain manufacturers’ equipment warranty information.
- Develop and maintain subcontractor contact list for projects.
- Maintain log of subcontractor performance.
- Develop Microsoft project schedule to allocate resources, forecast project scheduling, and develop time efficient management tools to include all tasks currently assigned.
- Provide monthly reports to Director of Construction, including work being performed. Reports will include: summary of projects, progress and status report of each project, manpower allocation and expense budget.
- Assist Development Department in writing grant requests for project funding.
- Perform all others duties and assignments as directed by Director of Construction.
- A Bachelor’s degree is highly desired.
- Solid working knowledge of residential construction and all methods, tools and materials related to residential construction, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, drywall, painting, concrete, masonry, siding, roofing and finish trim.
- Certified as a lead-safe renovator.
- Familiar with asbestos identification and remediation.
- Ability to relate to people of all incomes and ages and the ability to build trusting relationships with homeowners needing repairs.
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word computer skills are required.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions; able to climb ladders, safely use hand, power and pneumatic tools.
- Must have current Ohio driver’s license and have the ability to properly operate motor vehicles and construction equipment.
- Training in job-site safety requirements and able to make safety the top priority.
- OSHA 10 certification.
- Related experience in developing and implementing new programs highly desired.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
This position requires 40+ hours per work week. Evening and weekend work may be required occasionally.
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.