Construction Manager (Full-Time)
Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity’s Construction Manager supervises groups of variously skilled staff and volunteers in both a managerial and instructional capacity. The Construction Manager works in collaboration with the Construction Project Manager, exercises discretion and independent judgment, and is responsible for the efficient production of multiple housing projects.
- Management of all construction tasks, including site development, excavation, foundations, painting, drywall, rough finish carpentry, heating, plumbing, electrical, flooring, general construction labor, and other skills necessary for on-time job completion
- Responsible for job site supervision including Site Supervisors, theft prevention, protection of affiliate resources, and site cleanliness
- Responsible for the supervision and instruction of unskilled, semi-skilled, and skilled volunteers, interns and paid staff in all aspects of production tasks
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of project drawings, volunteer instruction manuals, specifications and other documents associated with each project assigned
- Committed to a zero-defect partner-family walk-through before final completion
- Ensure the delivery of quality, on-time production in line with project drawings, specifications, and schedule
- Maintain project paperwork, including but not limited to daily construction reports, volunteer registration, delivery receipts, accident reporting, and incident reporting
- Assist in the scheduling of subcontractors, utility connections, and municipal inspections
- Communicate material orders in accordance with the affiliate purchasing program
- Coordinate provision of tools, equipment, and inventory to work crews
- Ensure safety and ensure procedures GCHFH Safety Manual is being followed
- Be well organized in all aspects of the job
- Others duties as assigned by management
This exempt position reports to the Construction Director
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience
- Familiarity with all building trades involved in single-family construction, including strong knowledge of building materials and tools
- Project Management experience; ability to read construction drawings
- Excellent communication, training, and volunteer management skills
- Able to perform demanding physical work, and work at heights with trusses, gables, soffits, etc.
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and QuickBooks
- Proven ability to lead, delegate, motivate, support, evaluate and develop staff and volunteers
- Strong analytical skills and continuous attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational, motivational, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
- Commitment to creative problem-solving and a cooperative work ethic
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Commitment to Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity's mission and values.
- Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Projected Salary: $45k to $52k
Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity
2110 W. 110th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44102
Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.