Community Outreach & Real Estate Coordinator
Employment Status: Full-Time
Reports to: Neighborhood Planning Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt Hourly: $17.00-$19.00
JOB SUMMARY: The Community Outreach & Real Estate Coordinator is a key role responsible for fostering positive community relationships, conducting neighborhood revitalization efforts, and managing the real estate acquisition process for Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity. Reporting to the Neighborhood Planning Manager, this role combines community engagement and real estate responsibilities to support the organization's mission. The Community Outreach & Real Estate Coordinator will build strong community relationships, coordinate revitalization efforts, and acquire real estate that supports the Habitat Homeownership Program.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Community Engagement: Engage with existing residents and community partners in the neighborhoods where the organization operates. Build and maintain positive relationships with community stakeholders where Habitat is operating and assess community needs.
- Needs Assessment: Identify the specific needs and priorities of the community. Collaborate with residents and stakeholders to participate in existing neighborhood improvement plans and create new plans when necessary.
- Project Coordination: Oversee special neighborhood revitalization projects and community programs. Collaborate with respective departments in order to successfully deliver neighborhood projects.
- Real Estate Acquisition: Identify potential real estate properties for use in the Habitat Homeownership Program, both vacant land and vacant residential homes, in alignment with Habitat’s strategic plan.
- Conduct due diligence, including title searches, obtaining title insurance, zoning checks, and property condition assessments. Negotiate property acquisitions and manage documentation.
- Ensure full compliance of acquisition process with any additional federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Advocacy: Assist the Neighborhood Planning Manager in advocating for community needs to government officials, local organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Data Collection: Collect and analyze data on community needs, revitalization project impact, and property acquisitions. Use data to inform decision-making and reporting to the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to diverse audiences.
- Ability to coordinate and manage projects effectively.
- Working knowledge of real estate processes and due diligence.
- Advocacy skills and ability to represent the organization to various stakeholders.
- Comfortable and skilled in public speaking.
- Strong data collection and analysis skills.
- Mission-driven mind set and ability to manage several priorities successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in community engagement, neighborhood revitalization, or real estate acquisition.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license. Local travel will be required.
- Must be able to pass a satisfactory background and motor vehicle check.
- Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Eligible for matching 401(K) up to 4.5%, 100% vested after 6 months of employment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and life insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Paid vacation and sick leave
Submit your resume to email@example.com.
Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity
2110 W. 110th St. Cleveland, Ohio 44102
Equal Opportunity Employer
Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.