AmeriCorps ReStore Development VISTA
AmeriCorps ReStore Development VISTA
The ReStore development VISTA member will create, document, and implement plans for Habitat ReStore e-commerce operations. This will include the development of a marketing and outreach strategy, and Habitat ReStore business processes focused on online retail. It will also involve publicizing and promoting the store and evaluating the ways the store meets the needs of the low-income community while increasing funding for Habitat for Humanity. Each strategy will be well documented and evaluated to ensure sustainability beyond the year of service.
Objective one – Research
Research the Habitat ReStore practices, materials, and resources currently in place to identify best practices and any additional needs the project requires. Document research and communicate findings to move forward with developing enhanced Habitat ReStore operations.
- Research Habitat ReStore marketing plans focused on increasing community awareness of Habitat ReStore operations.
- Research promotion opportunities.
- Research local businesses and community partners that would be ideal recurring donors or volunteers for the Habitat ReStore.
- Research standard policies and procedures for operating a Habitat ReStore and assess areas of improvement.
- Research funding opportunities that support volunteer engagement and store development.
- Research eCommerce and online retail standard operating procedures.
Objective Two – Development
Based on the information gathered, develop and document enhanced ReStore programs that will address the needs of the host site.
- Develop marketing and outreach strategies and materials designed to increase the visibility of the Habitat ReStore in the community.
- Develop a media directory database.
- Develop materials that are relevant to the various outlets within the media directory database.
- Develop a list of recommended enhancements to online retail program.
Objective Three – Implementation and review
Implement the enhanced Habitat ReStore operations. Assist the host site in testing, evaluating, and revising the various parts of the project as needed to ensure success.
- Implement marketing and outreach strategies and materials designed to increase visibility of the Habitat ReStore in the community.
- Implement use of the media directory database, using it to distribute relevant materials to each outlet.
- Implement Habitat ReStore donor outreach plan to increase recurring donations.
- Implement use of the ReStore donor directory database of local businesses and community partners that would be ideal donors.
- In collaboration with Habitat ReStore staff, implement new Habitat ReStore procedures and policies. Gather feedback and make changes as needed.
Objective Four – Sustainability
Ensure that the Habitat ReStore systems and projects developed are sustainable, continuing at the host site after the completion of the VISTA term, by documenting the plan and training staff and volunteers.
- Develop a manual of resources and directions for maintaining the Habitat ReStoree-commerce program, including marketing and outreach, store policies and procedures and donor development.
- Recruit and train volunteers and staff members on use of new systems and procedures to ensure there is a transition plan for ongoing maintenance of systems and support of the program.
- AmeriCorps members must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
- AmeriCorps members must be at least eighteen or older.
- AmeriCorps members must have a high school diploma or GED.
- AmeriCorps members may have recurring access to vulnerable populations and must satisfy the National Service Criminal History Check eligibility criteria.
Our ideal candidate:
- Knowledge of and willingness to promote the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps.
- The ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Attention to detail and is highly organized.
- Experience working as a member of a team.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and Teams.
Benefits of AmeriCorps service
- Annual living allowance range from $17,000 to $35,000, determined by the service location; most locations are on the lower end of this range.
- Segal Education Award upon successful completion of service.
- Health benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
- Ten personal and 10 medical leave days.
- Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
- Childcare benefits, if you qualify.
- Noncompetitive eligibility status for federal employment for one year after successful completion of service.
- Relocation travel assistance for members relocating more than 50 miles to serve.
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.