AmeriCorps Resource Development VISTA
AmeriCorps Resource Development VISTA
The resource development VISTA member will create, document, and implement plans for donor engagement, tracking and recognition to increase the overall donor experience and commitment to Habitat's mission. Each strategy will be well documented and evaluated to ensure sustainability beyond the year of service.
Objective one – Research
Research related programs and resources that are currently in place to identify best practices and any additional needs the project requires. Document research and communicate findings to move forward with developing sustainable resource development strategies.
- Research the existing resource development practices and explore what aspects need improvement.
- Research fundraising opportunities with individuals, corporations, faith communities, foundations, special events, peer-to-peer funding, and grants.
- Research donor engagement, tracking and recognition resources. Compare findings to current methods.
Objective Two – Development
Based on the information gathered, draft improved resource development strategies to address the needs of the host site.
- Develop and document a resource development plan, including targeting local individuals, businesses, faith organizations, school groups, civic groups, and other community organizations.
- Develop and document a donor recognition plan to recognize donor loyalty or milestones.
- Develop and document a calendar of donor cultivation events and opportunities including a planning timeline for each.
- Develop and document event marketing materials as needed. Create templates that can be used in the future.
Objective Three – Implementation and review
Implement the new resource development strategies. Assist the host site in testing, evaluating, and revising the various parts of the resource development strategy as needed to ensure success.
- Implement the resource development strategy. Create and document all development resources, including appeal letters, grant templates, marketing materials and event timelines.
- Implement the donor recognition plan, evaluate success, and make changes as needed.
Objective Four – Sustainability
Ensure that the resource development strategies developed are sustainable, continuing at the host site after the completion of the VISTA term, by documenting the plan and training staff members and volunteers.
- Develop a manual of resources and directions for maintaining resource development strategies, including donor engagement, tracking, recognition, special events, grants, and in-kind donations.
- Recruit and train volunteers and staff members on use of new donor tracking system and resource development strategies to ensure there is a transition plan for ongoing maintenance of systems and support of the program.
- AmeriCorps members must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
- AmeriCorps members must be at least eighteen or older.
- AmeriCorps members must have a high school diploma or GED.
- AmeriCorps members may have recurring access to vulnerable populations and must satisfy the National Service Criminal History Check eligibility criteria.
Our ideal candidate:
- Knowledge of and willingness to promote the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps.
- The ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Attention to detail and is highly organized.
- Experience working as a member of a team.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and Teams.
Benefits of AmeriCorps service
- Annual living allowance range from $17,000 to $35,000, determined by the service location; most locations are on the lower end of this range.
- Segal Education Award upon successful completion of service.
- Health benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
- Ten personal and 10 medical leave days.
- Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
- Childcare benefits, if you qualify.
- Noncompetitive eligibility status for federal employment for one year after successful completion of service.
- Relocation travel assistance for members relocating more than 50 miles to serve.
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.