Habitat 5K Walk/Run/Mosey for Homes
Lower Edgewater Park | Saturday, May 13, 2017
Every step matters in our pursuit of helping connect hardworking, Cleveland families to affordable homeownership opportunities. You can help us reach our goal.
Everyone is Welcome:
Family-friendly (kids of all ages welcome)
Pet-friendly (dogs welcome, see park rules for other pets)
Non-timed race (run, walk or mosey at your own pace)
1-mile fun course
5k course for the ambitious (you know who you are)
Don’t like to run, walk or mosey? Come for fellowship, donuts, and coffee (we won’t tell anyone you didn’t walk)
Schedule of Events:
- 8:45am Registration
T-Shirt decorating (hint: it’s a contest)
Donut eating (or bananas)
Activities for everyone
- 9:45 am Warm-up
Enter your t-shirt to win
- 10:00 am Walk Kick-off and Prayer
Walkers, runners, and moseyers are off!
Virtual Walkers come cheer people on!
Meet at the finish line for a post-walk rally;
Light refreshments provided, feel free to bring a picnic lunch
Register Today, It’s Free and Fun:
1. Walk as an individual OR create-a-team:
- Register for free by emailing email@example.com.
- Fundraise using form (see Forms below for download) or online (coming soon) where you can create a page at CLEHabitatWalk.org.
- Share your progress on social media, such as Facebook.
- Raise $20 and receive a t-shirt, which can be decorated and entered for prizes.
2. Become a virtual walker:
- Participate in all the above activities (#1), without the walking/running/moseying.
- Join us in spirit or come to the walk to cheer on participants!
3. FUNdraising tips:
- Ask Everyone: The #1 reason people give is because they are asked. Ask your friends, family, coworkers, and strangers to help you reach your goal. Have a mini fundraiser (bake sale/yard sale), set up a donation jar at work, school or your place of worship. Keep a collection brochure on you.
- Share Your Love for Cleveland Habitat: Share why you volunteer, work with Habitat or why you believe every hardworking Cleveland family deserves a safe, decent, affordable place to call home.
- Donate to Yourself First: Your contribution, big or small will inspire others to give.
Want to sponsor this year’s 5K walk/run/mosey?
Forms / Marketing Materials:
Walk Color Trifold with Donation Tracking Form and Registration Sheet – DOWNLOAD
Walk 1- Page Flyer (8.5×11)- DOWNLOAD
Walk 11×17 Poster – DOWNLOAD
Black and White Donation Tracking Form and Registration Sheet – DOWNLOAD
To learn more about sponsorship opportunities for the 2017 Habitat Walk/Run/Mosey 5K for Homes please contact:
Kim Pride, Development Manager